Friday, October 14, 2011

The CCC: Dieters Beware!

As I await my turn in the checkout line at my local Walmart the vast array of tempting treats are enough to make the most convicted of dieters weak. The Checkout Counter Conspiracy or CCC as I like to call it is an evil plot hatched by huge corporations to keep unsuspecting shoppers like myself overweight and keep their own pockets swollen with cash.
Maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic!
....Maybe not?
So far I've been in this line for about 10 minutes. How kind of the Walmart floor planner to put sugary drinks, chocolate, and candy in arms length as I wait my turn in line!  My empty stomach is churning and my mouth is watering from the site of the Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies and tropical flavored fruit gummies, and that beef jerky, well that beef jerky...wait a minute I don't even like beef jerky!
OK. I coined the phrase the CCC but that doesn't make it any less of a real threat. 
When going grocery shopping there are simple strategies we can adhere to help us stay true to our commitment of a healthy lifestyle:
  •  NEVER GO GROCERY SHOPPING WHEN HUNGRY
  • ALWAYS MAKE A LIST AND STICK TO IT
  • SHOP THE PERIMETER OF THE STORE NEAR PRODUCE, DAIRY, AND FRESH
  • VEGGIES
  • STAY AWAY FROM THE JUNK FOOD AISLE, I.E. CHIPS, SNACKS
  • TRY TO BE IN AND OUT OF STORE IN APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES
  • BEWARE OF THE CCC!

Healthy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment